Krušedol Monastery

Krušedol Monastery is only 12 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century. The monastery was the seat of the diocese for a while. Several very significant figures from the Serbian history were buried in this monastery, such as Patriarch Arsenije III Čarnojević, Patriarch Arsenije IV Jovanović Sakabenta, Princess Ljubica Obrenović, King Milan Obrenović, etc.

Velika Remeta Monastery

Velika Remeta Monastery is situated 12 km away from Sremski Karlovci. According to a legend, the monastery was founded by a Serbian king Dragutin Nemanjić. One of the most recognizable features of the monastery is its 40-metre-tall bell tower - the tallest bell tower on Fruška Gora.

Grgeteg Monastery

Grgeteg Monastery is situated 16 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It is considered to be one of the oldest monasteries on Fruška Gora and it is certainly among the most beautiful ones. Its iconostasis is a work of Uros Predić, one of the most significant Serbian painters. Nowadays, the nearest replica of the icon representing Virgin Mary with three hands is kept in the monastery. The original icon is the most famous and the most respected among the Serbian people.

Novo Hopovo Monastery

Novo Hopovo Monastery is situated 30 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built on the site of the older church from the 10th century. Dositej Obradović spent three years in this monastery. The holy relics of Teodor Tiron are kept in Novo Hopovo. He was one of the earliest Christian martyrs who died for the faith in the 4th century AD. These are the oldest and also the most complete relics in the possession of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

Jazak Monastery

Jazak Monastery is situated near the namesake village, 45 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It is the youngest and, probably, the most beautiful monastery on Fruška Gora that dates back to the 18th century. The relics of the last member of Nemanjić dynasty, holy emperor Uroš, are kept in this monastery. Within the monastery complex, there is a pipe with spring water that is believed to have medicinal effects.

Vrdnik Monastery

Vrdnik Monastery is situated 42 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was first mentioned in 1566. The settlement Vrdnik, where the monastery is situated, used to be a mining village, while today it is a spa. Since the 17th century until the World War II, the relics of the holy Prince Lazar were kept here.

Petrovaradin - Tekije

The church of Our Lady of the Snows (St. Mary Major), is situated 5 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built during the second half of the 18th century in the memory of the great Christian victory over the Turks that took place on August 5th 1716. On the church dome, one can see the cross and the crescent, the symbols of the Christianity and Islam.



Tourist organization of Sremski Karlovci

Address: Patrijarha Rajačića 1 Sremski Karlovci

Phone: +381 21 / 882-127

Phone / fax: +381 21 / 883-855

Cellular: +381 66 / 6882-127

Web address:



Follow us