• Krusedol Monastery

    Krusedol Monastery is only 12 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built at the beginning of the 16th century. The monastery represented the seat of the diocese for a while. Several very significant figures from the Serbian history were buried in this monastery, such as Patriarch Arsenije III Carnojevic, Patriarch Arsenije IV Jovanovic Sakabenta, Princess Ljubica Obrenovic, King Milan Obrenovic, etc.
  • Novo Hopovo Monastery

    Novo Hopovo Monastery is situated 30 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built on the site of the older church from the 10th century. Dositej Obradovic spent three years in this monastery. The holy relics of Teodor Tiron are kept in Novo Hopovo. He was one of the earliest Christian martyrs who died for the faith in 306 AD. Therefore, these are the oldest and also the most complete relics that the Serbian Orthodox Church has an honour to keep.
  • Grgeteg Monastery

    Grgeteg Monastery is situated 16 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It is considered to be one of the oldest monasteries on Fruska Gora and it is certainly one of the most beautiful. Its iconostasis is a work of Uros Predic, one of the most significant Serbian painters. Nowadays, the nearest replica of the icon representing Virgin Mary with three hands is kept in the monastery. The original icon is the most famous and the most respected among the Serbian people.
  • Velika Remeta Monastery

    Velika Remeta Monastery is situated 12 km away from Sremski Karlovci. According to a legend, the monastery was founded by Serbian king Dragutin Nemanjic. One of the most recognizable features of the monastery is the tallest bell tower on Fruska Gora – 40 m tall.
  • Vrdnik Monastery

    Vrdnik Monastery is situated 42 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was first mentioned in 1566. The settlement Vrdnik, where the monastery is situated, used to be a mining village, while today it is a spa. Since the 17 th century until the World War II, the relics of the holy Prince Lazar were kept here.
  • Jazak Monastery

    Jazak Monastery is situated near the namesake village, 45 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It is the youngest and, probably, the most beautiful monastery on Fruska Gora that dates from the 18th century. The relics of the last member of Nemanjic dynasty, holy emperor Uros, are kept in this monastery. Within the monastery complex, there is a pipe with spring water that is believed to have medicinal effects.


The church of the Snowing Lady is situated 5 km away from Sremski Karlovci. It was built during the second half of the 18th century in a memory of the great Christian victory over the Turks that took place on August 5th 1716. On the church dome, one can see the cross and the crescent, the symbols of the Christianity and Islam.