Trail No. 16
• ‘Stražilovo’ Mountain Lodge – ‘‘Ksena’’ Cottage – Debeli hrast – Vilina Voda – ‘Stražilovo’ Mountain Lodge •
- From the mountain lodge you go uphill on a dirt road for about 400 m to reach the edge of a black locust grove (10 min). Here you turn left and continue along the road to the first cottages on the left, then go further along the way to cross Bukovačke ledine to a large meadow where the road turns right, eventually exiting after 50 m to the asphalt road (30 min).
While passing this section, a beautiful view of Novi Sad will open up.
- At this crossroads, continue forward across the meadow for approximately 50 m to the exit to another dirt road, where you will turn left and this way get to the Cross (10 min).
- The big wooden cross remains on your right, and you will continue along the road for about 100 m to the next crossroads, where the road continues straight and bends to the right (5 min).
- Here you will turn right, going gently uphill until you enter the forest where the trail turns sharply to the left. After 100 m on your left-hand side you will see ‘Ksena’ Cottage, which offers a beautiful view of Novi Sad. There is also a table with benches so you can take a breather (20 min).
- Continue uphill to the crossroads (10 min).
- Here you will turn right uphill to the exit onto a wide forest road (15 min). The trail is marked with blue and white blazes.
Continue straight on this road 300m to the signpost that points to the right for Sunčana dolina (Sunny Valley), which slowly descends to the intersection called Debeli hrast (40 min).
- Here you should turn right, after about 100 m turn then right again, and in about 20 m take a sharp left downhill for about 100 m to reach a wide forest road (15 min).
- Here you will turn right slightly uphill along a wide forest trail to the Vilina voda spring (10 min). You can have rest on the benches.
- A narrow path then takes you uphill and follows the isohypsum of the hill, all the way down to the stream (40 min).
- After descending to the stream, turn left following the stream for about 20 m, then to the right across the stream, and climb to the left to arrive at a wider forest path (5 min).
- Here you should take a sharp right turn and continue in order to cross the stream. Climb the steep section of the path to eventually the exit at a meadow (5 min).
- You should now turn left following the path that winds through an overgrown meadow and turns to the right, uphill through the thicket, to the exit on a rather wide dirt road (15 min).
- There is a cottage on your right, and you turn to the left uphill for about 200 m, to the exit to Bukovačke ledine (5 min).
- Now cross that meadow in a straight line and follow the dirt road to the gravel (about 100m), so that you will notice a derelict military facility and the asphalt road to Bukovac. When you take the gravel road (5 min) continue on this road through Bukovačke ledine. Along the whole way you can enjoy a magnificent view of Novi Sad on your left-hand side. The gravel road continues into the dirt road which leads you to the black locust grove, where you should turn right and after 300 m you will arrive at the ‘Stražilovo’ Mountain Lodge (30 min).
The trail is marked with trail markers and signposts. The time required to cover the trail is 4.5-5 hours of walking at a leisurely pace.